The Artist’s way book is the only book I take with me when I move houses … all the rest may follow or not. I call it my personal bible.
Just a few out of many amazing examples which happened in the last 6 years as I took the course/book:
- a sudden urge to knit 2 thick scarfs half a year before I got the news I would move to Canada (I was/am not a knitter … the last time I kitted was when I was 11 or so)
- I wanted to create ceramics ornaments and met a lady who was professionally working with porcelain, had a massive collection of colours, a kiln, tons of clay … and I got/borrowed it all for almost no cost
- I got a perfect big client out of the blue as soon as I decided what I’d like to do
- it taught me how to be honest and kinder with myself by the practice of writing Morning Pages
and most importantly …
- I discovered my love and passion for being a group facilitator as I started a creative community whilst I lived in Europe … that opened so many priceless friendships to this day<3
If you show to the people a cover of a book you’re currently reading this might happen …
When I entered a metro this week I saw a woman reading a book standing a couple of meters away. I couldn’t see what she was reading as we were both standing in the same hight. But for some reason, I was REALLY intrigued.
I stared in her open book in a not very subtle way lol 😀 , noticing that the layout looked very familiar (what a visual geek I am, right). It resembled a book I call my personal bible.
I didn’t play a shy kid (after all this staring that would be kind of silly thing to do:) ) … and initiated a conversation with her … We had an instant connection and started chatting excitedly. … I shared how amazing that book was and how it “saved” my life so many times.
When she left when her stop was due, she smiled happily and waved me goodbye through the window … it made my day <3
See … in these days when I feel there isn’t enough of human contact a book like this can connect you with your like-minded tribe.